Thursday 30 October 2014

Ways to Add Exercise to Your Lifestyle

Exercise is an important part of life, a way to keep healthy and fit. Often finding the time to go to the gym or do a continuous hour of exercise is hard. There often very simple changes one can make to add exercise to their life. Things I do to ad more exercise to my life are:
Getting active - saying yes when someone asks to go for a bike ride or swim rather than saying no I feel too tired to do this. I feel better after I do get the exercise. If I don't move around I turn into a blob on the couch.
Stretch - taking 5 or 10 minutes in the morning to really stretch my legs, my arms. I feel less stiff during the day when I take the time to do this.
Dance - be goofy and have fun. I dance around the room while I listen to music and clean house.
4) Mow the lawn - get off that riding tractor and use the push mower. It takes a lot longer and a lot more work but I feel more proud of what I've done when I work harder.
Use an Exercise ball instead of a chair - I often sit at the computer on my exercise ball. I have to concentrate on my posture when I use it so I don't fall over. Often my stomach muscles are used more.
6) Walk more - park farther away or don't even drive. If that's not an option take an extra 5 or 10 minutes to take a walk sometime during the day. Take your dog for an extra 10 minute walk.
Household chores count - do some cleaning and get some exercise!
Take the stairs - get some extra exercise by taking the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator.
Garden - gardening is a wonderful way to exercise. Other than exercise you get the benefit of being outdoors, fresh food and a way to relieve stress.
Talk to people - at work if you need to talk to a co-worker or the boss take a walk down the hall and talk to them rather than emailing or sending an instant message.
None of these are really hard and should be fairly easy to incorporate into your life throughout the week. Making a few simple changes can add much more exercise to your daily life. This leads to better health and a more comfortable lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment